I have been using the RedEye app for Android for about a year and had occasional Force Closes. But after eventually getting the initial connection, I could live with them.
However, recently I added some activities to my RedEye config from the webbrowser. And at about the same time I changed the IP address of the RedEye device. After that, the changes did not show up in te app and I could also not control the device from the app. I decided to wipe the data of the App and start from scratch.
When I add the RedEye device by IP address (it does not auto discover), I cannot get the app to connect properly at all! Every time after I add the device, when I switch to the Rooms screen, it shows (new room) instead of the room name. When I check the box for (new room), the app force closes. Restarting the app makes it force close again anywhere between 1 to 10 seconds.
I tried wiping the data again, even completely uninstalled/reinstalled the app, rebooted the RedEye device, rebooted the phone, rebooted the WiFi AP, etc. The problem remains. I tried to connect to it from my Android Tablet, which results in the same behaviour.
The device works perfectly from the webbrowser on my PC and from the webbrowser on my Android devices (these are the same devices the app Force Closes on).
Can you please help troubleshoot this? Can I get you guys a trace or log that might show what is going wrong?
Also tried different IP addresses for the RedEye unit, still doesn't work.
At one time it did -suddenly- automatically discover the unit, and at that time I got the correct room name and no Force Close. But this was only once and with the wrong IP, so I had to start over again and it didn't auto discover anymore.
At this time I believe that the auto discovery feature is mosty broken and the "Find by IP" function is definately broken in the current version of the app.
I had hoped Thinkflood support would have picked-up this thread, so that te progress could be shared with everyone. But since they didn't I'll send an email to support.
I've got the same problem with anything android. PCs and droid browsers
work, iPhones app works fine. I've tested on android 2.0.2 and 4.0.4
phones and tablets. Doesn't matter - it's a problem with droid RedEye
Using 2.13.0 app and hardware.
Just stumbled on one of these devices. If this gets worked out with droids, would be interested in purchasing tons of units. Everything else is golden with these things...
Leave a comment on howe12's reply
Change topic type
Link this topic
Provide the permalink of a topic that is related to this topic